Introducing Momma Chef: Bringing you fabulous recipes using less than 6 ingredients and under 6 minutes of prep time!
How easy is it to make dinner while holding a 4-year-old on your hip, calming a 7-year-old throwing a tantrum and helping a 12-year-old with his homework? Sound familiar? Well I have finally mastered a way to serve fabulous meals with little effort and few ingredients. My recipes are simple and delicious, using no more than six ingredients and under six minutes of prep time. It will look like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen with help from Momma Chef. Prepare to impress starting with this delicious Shepherd’s Pie!
As you can imagine, this recipe was created when I was on one of my 10 different diets of the year and was on a cauliflower kick! This diet suggested cutting out the carbs of regular potatoes and substituting a healthier version with cauliflower. Little did I know how much I would love this dish with cauliflower and prefer it over the heavier mashed potatoes that’s normally in Shepherd’s Pie! This is one of my favorite dishes to make and serve.
Skillet Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Mash (serves 6 or more)
1 lb. ground beef
1 12 oz. bag cauliflower florets
1 container Trader Joe’s Mirepoix mix (contains chopped onions, carrots and celery)
2 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. chopped rosemary
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower florets in a pot on the stove or in the microwave.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, in a separate oven-safe skillet heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add in ground meat and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add in Trader Joe’s Mirepoix mix, 1 tbsp. salt and the chopped rosemary. Cook another 2 minutes, mixing everything together.